I love this show so, so much!
OMG I know I'm late, but you know how you see something and you're like I'll get around to checking it out,that looks interesting.Or, someone tells you about something and you're like, "Yeah I'ma check that out". Well I'm just now doing that. I stayed up last thursday night until like 11pm (way past my bedtime on a weekday, since I get up at 6am every morning for work) watching every episode, cracking up until my stomach hurt.
It was so funny though the next day at work, when I was trying not to laugh out loud because I kept hearing my inner voice talk, but only this time it was louder. And when some in the office did something border line anoying I could just hear that voice, "B*(&%es be trippin'."
As my grandma used to say, "It's the best thing since sliced bread, honey."
I haven't seen a show that is so comical, that I can actually relate to in quite awhile. After the first episode, "The Stop Sign", I was hooked and I can't wait 'til Thursday to see the new episode for Season 2!
I am really feeling Pharell's channel, "I am OTHER". It so describes me!!! And speaking of that, I'd like to share the top 5 Reason Nicole Alicia is awkward:
1) I'm not loud, or obnoxious.I'm rather shy and will wait for someone to speak to me if I don't know you (No, I'm not stuck up, I just don't know what to say)
2) Most of the time I'd rather spend my evenings/weekends scrapbooking, writing, reading or making hair bows......Yes, I know I have "Old Lady" tendencies and my husband happily teases me about it
3) I'm 27 years old, 98lbs and 5'5......my nickname is "bunny", I am always eating like a rabbit I nibble here and there....but it never goes anywhere (that rhymed unintentionally)
4) Like the character "J" on ABG, I have one main friend who I know totally is akward also and gets me too!
5) Everytime I go out the house lookin' half a mess, like just to run to the store or the gas station I run into someone I know.....EVERYTIME! Avoiding never works....... It never fails, they spot me!
If you haven't seen or heard of Miss Issa Rae or The Mis-Adventures of Awkward Black Girl check them out at:
http://www.issarae.com or http://awkwardblackgirl.com/